Mark R. Scirocco, Esq.
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Construction Defect
- Toxic Torts
- Dram Shop
- Professional Negligence
- Premises Liability
Mark R. Scirocco is a partner at Scirocco Law, P.C. He specializes in insurance defense, insurance coverage, construction defect, toxic tort, employment, dram shop, professional negligence, premises liability, and employment law. Mark has a long record of successfully handling high-profile matters in New Jersey state and federal trial courts. He is also an experienced appellate advocate, having argued multiple times before the Supreme Court of New Jersey and the New Jersey Appellate Division. His precedent setting cases include The Estate of Narleski v. Gomes, 244 N.J. 199 (2020), which involved social host liability for those under the age of 21 who facilitate underage drinking in their homes.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark clerked for a judge on the Fairfax Circuit Court in Fairfax, VA. He is a graduate of the George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School. He achieved his undergraduate degree from Providence College, where he graduated summa cum laude.
While in law school, Mark was one of 12 students selected as part of the George Mason Supreme Court Clinic and worked on several matters before the Supreme Court of the United States. He also interned in various capacities for the Federal Government including at the U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Oversight and Government Reform; the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, chambers of Judge Lawrence Block; and the U.S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Fraud Section. In 2012, Mark’s Moot Court team won First Place at the Billings, Exum & Frye National Moot Court Competition at Elon University School of Law. He was named Best Oral Advocate in the final round of that competition, which was argued before a panel of current and retired justices of the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Mark currently serves as a Trustee of the Morris County Bar Foundation.
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- Honors: George Mason University Civil Rights Law Journal, Symposium Editor
- Honors: Best Oral Advocate for the Final Round of the Billings Exum & Frye National Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, General Editor, Thirty-First Annual National Student Symposium on Law and Public Policy (Vol. 36, No. 1)
- Honors: Outstanding Advocate, South Texas Mock Trial Challenge
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Award, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Providence College
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Estate of Narleski v. Gomes, 244 N.J. 199 (2020)
- Riva Pointe at Lincoln Harbor Condo. Ass'n v. Tishman Constr. Corp., 2020 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1142 (App. Div. June 15, 2020)
- Estate of Narleski v. Gomes, 459 N.J. Super. 377 (App. Div. 2019)
- New Leader of the Bar: New Jersey Law Journal, 2020 Professional Excellence Awards
- Super Lawyers: New Jersey Rising Stars
- The Honorable Michael F. Devine, 19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia, Fairfax, Virginia , Law Clerk
- U.S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Fraud Section, Intern
- U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Intern
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Chambers of the Honorable Lawrence J. Block, Intern
Current Employment Position